This rich and delicious sweet and sour marinade is simply wonderful with grilled salmon, and quite easy to prepare!
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon fillets
- In a medium glass bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, and white wine. Stir until brown sugar has dissolved. Reserve a small amount to use as a basting sauce; the remainder is used as a marinade.
- Place salmon fillets in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in marinade, seal, and turn to coat salmon. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, turning once.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on grill, and discard marinade. Cook salmon for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until easily flaked with a fork. Baste with reserved sauce while grilling.