This is our favorite yellow cake recipe. I usually don’t get to put any icing on before it is gone.
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Cream together shortening and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Mix well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until cake tests done. Cool.