We have made this French Toast for Christmas brunch for twenty four years! It originally came from the East Coast. If you like your French toast firmer, then cut back on the milk.
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut diagonally in 1 inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream and vanilla. Dip bread slices into egg mixture and place in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine butter, sugar, maple syrup and pecans. Spoon mixture over bread.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden, about 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group where we share Yummy recipes everyday
Easy Recipes A to Z