A pantry stocked with canned staples like canned clams makes creative and delicious homemade meals like this chowder possible any night of the week.
- 2 strips bacon strips, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced potatoes, drained
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can clam juice
- 1 (6.5 ounce) can chopped clams
- 1 cup whole milk
- Salt to taste
- Ground white pepper to taste
- Oyster crackers (optional)
- In 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes; remove to paper towels.
- In drippings remaining in saucepan over medium heat, cook celery and onions until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute.
- Add potatoes, clam juice, clams with their liquid and milk. Over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with bacon. Serve with oyster crackers if desired.
Source : All Recipes