Be warned that this recipe is for pumpkin lovers only! I use my homemade pumpkin puree that I make each autumn and freeze in 2-cup increments, but canned solid-pack pumpkin should work just fine. If you find the pumpkin flavor too intense, try adding a frozen banana. You can play around with the flavors easily by adding some vanilla extract or pumpkin or apple pie spice instead of just cinnamon. My 5-year old and 1-year old love it as the recipe is written. Another option is to not freeze the pumpkin and heat everything through to a simmer for a hot drink.
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Place the pumpkin puree in a freezer bag; store in freezer for at least 24 hours.
- Heat the bag of pumpkin puree in the microwave on HIGH to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the milk into a blender. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin; blend until smooth.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group where we share Yummy recipes everyday
Easy Recipes A to Z