I finally got around to trying this Slow Cooker Crack Chicken recipe. My neighbor told me about this crack chicken, though she makes hers in her instant pot.
This recipe is a creation by Shelly from the website Cookies and Cups; you can see her recipe there. I am so glad I gave this recipe a try the flavors go so good together and go great over white rice which helps take away a bit of the saltiness.
How to make Crack Chicken:
I start with chicken thighs instead of breasts. I feel the thighs have more moisture, and the overall dish turns out great. I also only use one ranch packet to cut back on the sodium.
You will need these ingredients:
- Chicken thighs
- Ranch dressing seasoning mix
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Cooked Bacon
- Green Onions
How to prepare:
Add the chicken to the slow cooker and top with the ranch packet and cream cheese. That’s all you need to add at this point. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours and do not open the lid during the cooking time.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 hoagie rolls
- Add the chicken, cream cheese, ranch seasoning, shredded cheddar cheese and garlic powder to a slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Toast the hoagie rolls, scoop on the chicken and top with cheddar slice and crumbled bacon. More than enough for 8 hoagie rolls! Enjoy!
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group where we share Yummy recipes everyday
Easy Recipes A to Z