A delectable combination of ingredients that result in a tasty quiche dish.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 10 slices bacon
- 2 (8 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place asparagus in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Brush pie shells with beaten egg white. Sprinkle crumbled bacon and chopped asparagus into pie shells.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs, cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Sprinkle Swiss cheese over bacon and asparagus. Pour egg mixture on top of cheese.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven until firm, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group where we share Yummy recipes everyday
Easy Recipes A to Z