This Chili Rellenos Casserole is very easy to prepare and is loaded with flavor. Great for a busy week night, and good enough for company.
“Please let us know what you think if you ever try it at home , and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family and also on social networks, this means a lot to us”
These are some of the reviews from people who tried the Chili Rellenos Casserole Recipe :
This is excellent! I used the following suggestions from other readers: used an 8×8 pan, 3 eggs instead of 2, enchilada sauce instead of plain tomato sauce, added some black olives and jalapenos on top, used only 8 ounces lower fat mexican cheese instead of 16 ounces, and broiled the cheese on top. My husband and I both loved it and we’ll definitely be making this again! We served it with spanish rice, salad, tortilla chips and salsa.
I must say this is the best. I usually prepare my own roasted Poblano peppers and stuff them. But this casserole is just as good. It is definitely a keeper.
- 2 (7 ounce) cans whole green chile peppers, drained
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces Longhorn or Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Lay half of the chilies evenly in bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the Jack and Cheddar cheeses, and cover with remaining chilies. In a bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, and flour, and pour over the top of the chilies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, pour tomato sauce evenly over the top, and continue baking another 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining Jack and Cheddar cheeses, and serve.
Source : All Recipes