This old family recipe is delicious for breakfast on Thanksgiving day, or to eat while watching the parade! Plain yogurt can be substituted for sour cream.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the almond extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared tube pan. Swirl 1/2 of the cranberry sauce into the batter. Repeat, ending with the batter on top.
- Bake 55 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group where we share Yummy recipes everyday
Easy Recipes A to Z