Garlic bread is always great with pasta! This cheese-covered garlic bread is ready in minutes.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 (1 pound) loaf Italian bread, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and mix with garlic powder and dried parsley.
- Place Italian bread on a medium baking sheet. Using a basting brush, brush generously with the butter mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven approximately 10 minutes, until lightly toasted. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and any remaining butter mixture. Return to oven approximately 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is lightly browned.