Lemon Lush is a cool, light, creamy dessert perfect for summer entertaining. Four layers give this dessert plenty of sweet and tart yumminess.
The bottom is a buttery shortbread layer flavored with chopped pecans. Next is a sweetened cream cheese layer followed by an easy lemon pudding layer made from instant pudding mix. A layer of whipped topping on top gives a light, dreamy finish to this summer dessert.
Once the warm, sunny weather has set in, one or two lemon desserts are always mandatory. Lemon Pudding Cakes and Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake are always favorites, but I am especially fond of layered desserts that can be made in a 9X13-inch pan. They can really feed a crowd – even a houseful of hungry teenagers.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 egg yolks
- Mix flour, butter & chopped pecans together like biscuit dough and press into 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until brown.
- Mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 cup whipped topping and spread over first layer while still warm.
- Stir lemon pudding mix, sugar, 1/4 cup water and egg yolks together in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in 2 cups water. Stirring constantly, with wire whisk, cook on medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. (NOTE: if you are using instant pudding or a different flavor, use the ingredients & directions for preparation on the package!).
- Cool 5 minutes, stirring twice. Cool about 30 minutes more and spread over two previous layers. Cool completely and top with remaining whipped topping. Chill.