I love this recipe in my slow cooker, especially since there is minimal prep. No bacon to fry, so the slow cooker is the only dish you will get dirty. If you have dry ranch mix on hand, I have really enjoyed this variation!
- 10 red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, or to taste
- Put potatoes in the bottom of your slow cooker crock. Scatter flour over the potatoes; toss to coat.
- Scatter bacon bits, red onion, garlic, chicken bouillon, ranch dressing mix, parsley, seasoned salt, and black pepper over the potatoes.
- Pour water into the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low 7 to 9 hours.
- Pour half-and-half into the soup; cook another 15 minutes.
- Garnish with Cheddar cheese and green onion to serve.