A nice warm dish served over pasta.
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 2 pounds stewing beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or more to taste
- 1 (32 fluid ounce) container beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted and roughly chopped Kalamata olives (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook beef in the hot oil until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer beef to a slow cooker. Cover with artichoke hearts, onion, and garlic. Pour in beef broth, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes. Stir in olives, oregano, parsley, basil, cumin, bay leaf.
- Cook on Low until beef is tender, about 7 hours.