This is a delicious, easy to prepare main dish that is a little different. The meat is cured overnight in a dry rub of sugar, salt, cumin and cardamom. Be sure not to over cook or the meat will be dry.
- 4 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Rinse meat well and pat dry. Place in a glass dish large enough to hold it. In a separate small bowl, combine the sugar, salt, cumin and cardamom. Mix well and rub liberally over the entire roast. Cover and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for indirect heat and lightly oil grate.
- Remove roast from the refrigerator and discard any juices in the dish. Rinse meat well and pat dry.
- Grill over indirect low heat for about 1 hour, or until internal pork temperature reaches 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).