This meatloaf is glazed with brown sugar and ketchup for a moist and flavorful weeknight dinner.
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 ½ cups croutons, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 large eggs eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Stir ketchup, brown sugar, salt, and chili powder together in a bowl until smooth. Spread a small amount of the ketchup mixture into the bottom of the prepared loaf pan.
- Mix ground beef, croutons, onion, eggs, milk, and black pepper together in a large bowl; shape into a loaf and put into prepared pan. Spread remaining ketchup mixture over the loaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).