Ginger flavored beef skewers are excellent as an appetizer as well as an entree.
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon barbeque sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- In a small bowl, mix together hoisin sauce, sherry, soy sauce, barbeque sauce, green onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Cut flank steak across grain on a diagonal into 1/4 inch slices. Place slices in a 1 gallon resealable plastic bag. Pour hoisin sauce mixture over slices, and mix well. Refrigerate 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Discard marinade, and thread steak on skewers.
- Oil the grill grate. Grill skewers 3 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.