I serve this in the summer for brunch with a side of sausage links and a fresh fruit bowl
I’ve adapted this recipe to be a bit healthier – I use Egg Beaters in place of the eggs, use low fat feta cheese and I put in a bit of chopped lean ham. I bake them in muffin tins and two muffin sized mini quiches are less than 100 calories (2 points if you’re a Weight Watcher!). I slightly under cook them so I can pop them in the microwave at work for a nice breakfast.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups shredded Muenster cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prep : 20 m
- Cook : 30 m
- Ready In : 50 m
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add spinach mixture and stir to blend. Scoop into prepared pie pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Source : All Recipes