This is looked forward to every Easter, it is so delicious!
- 1 pound bacon
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 7×11 inch casserole dish.
- Fry the bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs and milk. Mix in cheese, bacon, onion and green pepper. Stir in the thawed hash browns. Pour mixture into prepared casserole.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 30 minutes until eggs have set.