Almost anyone with a sweet tooth has a soft spot for pecan pie. This classic dessert is a real favorite among dessert lovers, and for good reason. It’s sweet and nutty, and always brings back fond memories, so there’s a special place in our hearts for this classic treat. The best pecan pie has a smooth filling, a crunchy, nutty top, and a fully baked bottom crust. It’s not too sweet or rich as nut pies risk becoming. While we’ve made plenty of other pecan desserts, we realized we hadn’t yet shared our recently-discovered favorite of them all, the best and only pecan pie recipe you’ll ever need!
Before ever making it ourselves, we figured this pie would be tricky to make, so since then we’ve made it our goal to show others how simple it is to whip up! If you decide to make your own crust, you’ll have to tack on some more time, but the basics of this dish are pretty simple; beat together your filling ingredients and fold in the pecans! After that, you just have to pop your pie in the oven and set the timer– easy as pie!
- 1 pie crust, store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole pecans
- Preheat oven to 350º, place your (rolled out) pie crust in a 9 or 10-inch pie pan.
- Fold outer edges under and crimp accordingly, trimming off any excess crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugars (white and brown), salt and cinnamon, then beat in corn syrup, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract until mixture is totally smooth and everything is incorporated.
- Pour pecans into pie crust and spread into a roughly even layer.
- Pour corn syrup mixture over nuts, gently pressing nuts into liquid so none of them are poking up out of the top layer.
- Cover carefully with aluminum foil, then place pie dish in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue cooking for another 20-30 minutes, or until center is just set, but not too jiggly.
- Remove pie from oven and let cool before serving.
- Slice into wedges and serve plain or with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!