- 2 cups milk
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Let cool until lukewarm. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine yeast mixture, milk, sugar, oil, baking powder, salt, egg and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Heat brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter until melted. Remove from heat; stir in corn syrup. Divide mixture between two 9×13 inch baking pans. Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans in each pan.
- When dough has doubled in size, punch down and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out into a large rectangle and spread with butter. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Starting with the long side, roll up the rectangle into a log, and slice into 1 inch wide rolls. Place the rolls slightly apart in pans. Wrap pans with aluminum foil and refrigerate at least 12 hours but no longer than 48.
- Remove rolls from refrigerator and let stand in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven until golden 30 to 35 minutes. Immediately invert pan on heatproof serving plate. Wait for 1 or 2 minutes before removing pan, so that caramel drizzles over rolls.
Click on the Next Page Button to continue reading.