Fresh basil is essential to get that fresh burst of flavor with a hint of sweet and sour in this dish. The ingredients are all on hand when my herb garden is in season! Add a salad and a favorite vegetable for a quick weeknight meal.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 ounces chicken tenderloin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook and stir chicken in the hot oil until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir basil, honey, and balsamic vinegar into chicken and cook for 1 more minute.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group where we share Yummy recipes everyday
Easy Recipes A to Z