When I was in Vicenza, Italy at an open market downtown, I smelled this scrumptious smell of roast chicken at this stand. So I bought one of their chickens and looked what they stuffed in the cavity to make it taste so good! I also do my turkeys like this too!
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Stuff with the onion and rosemary. Place chicken in a 9×13 inch baking dish or roasting dish.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Cooking time will vary a bit depending on the size of the bird.