It’s a hearty comfort food that’s made right in your slow cooker and packed full of sensational flavors!
In our house, a big pot of soup is a staple when it comes feeding our family, and this veggie-rich minestrone is one of our favorites. It warms us from the inside out! With all the crazy schedules in our house, keeping a pot of soup on the burner is a great way for everyone to grab a bowl and eat as they move between activities.
- 3-4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large yellow onion, diced finely
- 4 stalks celery, diced finely
- 2 medium carrots, diced finely
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large white potatoes, skin removed and diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 oz. ditalini pasta
- Combine chicken breasts, vegetables, diced tomatoes, about 8 cups of water (or just enough to cover everything by about an inch), chopped parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove chicken breasts from the slow cooker and shred.
- Gently mash the vegetables in the soup about 3-4 times.
- Prepare ditalini pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- Add shredded chicken and cooked pasta to the slow cooker and stir.