For the bread :
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500 mL) flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder (yeast)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of flour
For the icing :
- 2 cups (500 mL) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/3 cup (85 mL) very finely chopped strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of cream or milk (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 260° F (175 ° C).
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, milk, oil, egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries and 2 tablespoons of the flour on top. Shake. Pour into the mix.
- Grease a 9″x 6″ loaf pan well. Pour the mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the insertion of a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
To make the icing :
Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl. When the bread is cold, spread the icing over the bread. Slice and serve!