This egg casserole has a little zip to it due to the pepperjack cheese! A big hit at church brunches
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 (5.5 ounce) package seasoned croutons
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- In a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish, arrange the croutons in a single layer. Layer with Cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, and pepperjack cheese. Top with the cooked sausage.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, half-and-half, milk, mustard, onion, salt, and pepper. Pour into the dish over the sausage. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 60 minutes. Let sit for 20 minutes before serving.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group where we share Yummy recipes everyday
Easy Recipes A to Z