Light and fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth goodness!
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried savory
- 1 teaspoon kelp powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, thyme, savory, kelp, parsley, and basil in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Drizzle the buttermilk slowly over the flour mixture while tossing lightly with a fork, just until the flour mixture is moistened. Turn the dough out onto a floured board, and knead 4 to 5 times. Pat the dough into a circle, 3/4 inch thick, and cut biscuits with a 2 inch cookie cutter. Place biscuits 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Serve warm.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group where we share Yummy recipes everyday
Easy Recipes A to Z