Kentucky Derby Pie Dessert Recipe – Made this pie today, it is traditionally served at the annual Kentucky Derby for 50 years. Super easy to make. You definitely need the deep dish crust. I’m not a big pecan pie person but I LOVE this one.
- 1 ¼ cups chopped pecans
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Spread pecans over a cookie sheet.
- Bake pecans in preheated oven until toasted, about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Check pecans after 30 minutes. Allow pecans to cool completely.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk eggs, brown sugar, light corn syrup, flour, butter, white sugar, bourbon, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth. Fold pecan pieces and chocolate chips into the egg mixture until combined; pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven until pie is set, 50 to 60 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group where we share Yummy recipes everyday
Easy Recipes A to Z