Kentucky Derby Pie Dessert Recipe – Made this pie today, it is traditionally served at the annual Kentucky Derby for 50 years. Super easy to make. You definitely need the deep dish crust. I’m not a big pecan pie person but I LOVE this one.
- 1 ¼ cups chopped pecans
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Spread pecans over a cookie sheet.
- Bake pecans in preheated oven until toasted, about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Check pecans after 30 minutes. Allow pecans to cool completely.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk eggs, brown sugar, light corn syrup, flour, butter, white sugar, bourbon, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth. Fold pecan pieces and chocolate chips into the egg mixture until combined; pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven until pie is set, 50 to 60 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.