Philly Cheesesteak Quesadillas are filled with beef and melted cheese in a soft tortilla that is toasted on a skillet until crisp. This quesadilla recipe is great for a hearty lunch or easy dinner in under 30 minutes.
We love the classic Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich, and putting those flavors into a quesadilla is brilliant and even easier. Quesadillas freeze well and leftovers can also be reheated, so it is a great make-ahead recipe and perfect for your meal prep. We love serving quesadillas with Taco Soup and of course topped with Pico de Gallo.
A quesadilla is a Mexican dish. It is a tortilla is filled with cheese, spices of choice, meats, beans, and vegetables and cooked on a skillet. A simpler way to describe quesadillas would be a flat loaded taco!
For this recipe, we used Philly Cheesesteak inspired ingredients consisting of cubed beef, peppers, mushrooms, onions and loaded with cheese; then cooked until tortilla is crispy and filling is hot.
- 1 (1 pound) beef top sirloin, thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 cup barbeque sauce (such as Bull’s-Eye(R) Texas-Style Bold Barbeque Sauce)
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir beef until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add onions and green bell peppers to beef; cook and stir until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour barbeque sauce over beef mixture and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Lay 4 tortillas on a baking sheet and top each with beef mixture and Cheddar cheese. Top each Cheddar cheese layer with a tortilla.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes; flip the quesadillas and cook until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more.
- Last Step: Don’t forget to share!
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group where we share Yummy recipes everyday
Easy Recipes A to Z