Sauteed cabbage and onions with noodles, a perfect last minute meatless meal!!
- 1 medium head shredded cabbage
- 2 red onions, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Meanwhile, heat butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Saute cabbage and onions until tender.
- Drain pasta, and return to the pot. Add cabbage and onion mixture to the noodles, and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.