Wonderfully moist coffee cake with a layer of apples and streusel in the middle and more streusel on top. Very good.
- 1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, chilled and diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 3 large eggs eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 eaches Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and finely diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a Bundt cake pan.
- To make streusel: In a medium bowl, mix brown sugar, 3/4 cup flour, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter with a fork until crumbly. Stir in walnuts.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 3 1/4 cups flour, baking powder, and baking soda. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Then stir in the vanilla and yogurt. Gently stir in the flour mixture just until blended.
- Pour 3 cups of the batter into the Bundt pan, sprinkle with 1/4 of the streusel, and layer with apples. Sprinkle with 1/2 the remaining streusel. Pour in the remaining batter, and top with the remaining 1/4 streusel. Lightly pat the top layer of streusel so it sticks to the cake batter.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack 15 minutes. Place cookie sheet over pan and carefully invert both. Remove Bundt pan, and let the cake cool completely.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group where we share Yummy recipes everyday
Easy Recipes A to Z