Bacon, Swiss cheese and onions mingle in perfect harmony amidst the eggs and cream in this timeless classic. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or just an indulgent snack!
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups light cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large skillet, and fry over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels, then chop coarsely. Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion into pastry shell.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt, sugar and cayenne pepper. Pour mixture into pastry shell.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C), and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Allow quiche to sit 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.