Pan fried chicken cubes served with a sweet and sour sauce.
“Please let us know what you think if you ever try it at home , and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family and also on social networks, this means a lot to us”
These are some of the reviews from people who tried the Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe :
My husband loved it! As did another review advised, I added the bell pepper and pineapple to the sauce. Great flavor and the peppers are soft,not crunchy.Prep was a bit messy, but well worth the clean up time.
I absolutely love this recipe. I serve it with chow mein noodles and eggrolls. My family is crazy about it. I’ve also used the batter for onion rings.
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (juice reserved)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups water, divided
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 drops orange food color
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 2 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- In a saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups water, sugar, vinegar, reserved pineapple juice, and orange food coloring. Heat to boiling. Turn off heat. Combine 1/4 cup cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; slowly stir into saucepan. Continue stirring until mixture thickens.
- Combine flour, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, salt, white pepper, and egg. Add 1 1/2 cups water gradually to make a thick batter. Stir to blend thoroughly. Add chicken pieces, and stir until chicken is well coated.
- Heat oil in skillet or wok to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C). Fry chicken pieces in hot oil 10 minutes, or until golden. Remove chicken, and drain on paper towels.
- When ready to serve, layer green peppers, pineapple chunks, and cooked chicken pieces on a platter. Pour hot sweet and sour sauce over top.
Source : All Recipes