“Nothing says comfort food quite like a homemade meatball. The tender juicy meat that’s been seasoned with all kinds of savory spices and slowly cooked to deliciousness is pretty much irresistible. A meatball makes for a great meal at any time, and if you’re into meal prep, a double batch of meatballs can be frozen and stored away to be served at a later date. A moist and savory meatball goes well with just about any sauce, from teriyaki to tomato, cheesy or spicy. We love a protein that is this versatile!” -Sarah Cool
“Please let us know what you think if you ever try it at home , and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family and also on social networks, this means a lot to us”
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1 yellow onion, diced and divided
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (28 oz) cans chunky tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut onion in half. Dice half of the onion and slice other half.
- Add chicken, eggs, Parmesan cheese, flour, Italian seasoning, garlic, 1/2 diced onion, vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated, with clean hands or a fork.
- Roll meat into balls, using approximately 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture per meatball. Set meatballs on a separate plate or sheet of parchment paper until all meat has been used.
- Add oil to pan on medium heat. Sauté reserved onions until just softened. Place meatballs in pan and pour tomato sauce over top of meatballs. Bring to a simmer. Maintain simmer and cover for 20 minutes or until meatballs are fully cooked.
- Serve meatballs with sauce. Add more salt and pepper, to taste.
Source : 12tomatoes.com