Loaded Breakfast Skillet Recipe – Potatoes, bacon, onions, eggs, and shredded cheese make a hearty and delicious breakfast or brunch dish.
These are the reviews of some people who have tried this Loaded Breakfast Skillet Recipe :
Just made it. just the right amount of ingredients. best done in a well seasoned cast iron skillet. So good I ate half of it without realizing that I ate two pounds of this stuff. It will send you to heaven if you are not too careful.
I really liked this recipe. My only change was to add a bit more water than the recipe calls for to make sure I could get the potatoes soft enough. I reduced the recipe for 2 people and used 1/4 c of the cheese and decided to leave the garlic out. It was just perfect! My tip would be to lower the temperature to low after adding the eggs to let the eggs cook slowly until set.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 russet potatoes, scrubbed, chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crispy, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels; reserve most of the bacon fat in skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir onions until starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes; toss to coat evenly in bacon fat. Pour in water and cover skillet with a large lid. Cook, checking occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Add green onions, garlic, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make 4 wells in the potato mixture using a wooden spoon, revealing the bottom of the skillet. Crack an egg into each well; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle cooked bacon and Cheddar cheese over the entire skillet. Replace lid; cook until egg whites are set and yolks are still runny, about 5 minutes.