This Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter Frosting Recipe is so incredible you will want to eat the whole pan. The banana bread bars are moist and full of flavor and the brown butter frosting is absolutely delicious. Your family and friends will love you for baking this tasty dessert!
wish I could take credit for this banana bread bars with brown butter frosting recipe, but I can’t. It is absolutely BRILLIANT. When Pinterest first came out, I found this recipe from Life’s Simple Measures. This was one of the very first recipes I tried from Pinterest and I LOVED it.
Life’s Simple Measures is a great Blog Site with lots of good looking recipes such as Blueberry Pie Bars and Butterscotch N Cream Muffins. You should check it out. But let me tell you about her Banana Bread Bars…. OMG!!!!
- 1-1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 (3 or 4) ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
Brown Butter Frosting Recipe:
- 1/2 c. butter
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. milk
- Heat oven to 375F. Grease and flour 15×10-inch jelly roll pan. For the bars, in a large bowl, beat together sugar, sour cream, butter, and eggs until creamy. Blend in bananas and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and blend for 1 minute. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Let the butter turn a delicate brown and remove from heat immediately.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Whisk together until smooth (it should be thicker than a glaze but thinner than frosting). Using a spatula, spread the brown butter frosting over the warm bars (the frosting will be easier to spread while the bars are still warm).